Here are a few tips to help the process.
- After creating your FSA ID and pin, make a note of it. You can reset it if you already have one but have forgotten your username or password.
- Gather your documents and keep them in a folder in a safe place. These include your Social Security number and driver’s license.
- If you are a non-resident, you will also need your Alien Registration number.
- You should also get your 2021 income tax return. You cannot use your 2022 income tax return, according to the Student Aid website. The FAFSA application form has a built-in IRS retrieval tool. This allows you to sign on to the IRS website and pull your data to the FAFSA application. You will have to create an account to use the retrieval tool.
- York’s federal school code is 004759.
The deadline to file is June 30, 2023.